We’re back ! After the long hiatus of COVID, Revo South returns with a fresh new format and event geared around a subject we know you all care about.
Come and visit Hounslow Arts Centre and hear about their exciting initiatives. HAC are taking the second floor of Debenhams on a short-term basis from their new landlord bringing various community groups together in The Loft. Funded by a grant from the GLA (Greater London Authority) Charity groups will have spaces in the back of house, including out-of-hours access for vulnerable customers.The new facility will play host to:
- Education groups working to get children who have been excluded from mainstream education back into those schools
- Sports facilities – cricket nets and dance space.
- An “Escape Room” leisure offer in the old Debenhams cash room
- Reopening a Café run by refugees, similar to the Clink Restaurant in Brixton Prison.
- Lots of small retail spaces for people who want to “try” a retail space but on a small scale. Craft stalls mainly with lots of workshops for upholstery, art, pottery, etc.
- A Garden Centre and outside space with community gardens for gardening clubs and youth groups and bee hives.
- Taking excess fruit from the fruit stall to make preserves and honey to sell in the loft.
Visit and hear from the Little Village, a charity with a vision of thriving communities where families share their pre-loved kit and every child under five has the start in life they deserve. https://littlevillagehq.org/
10:00 Arrival & refreshments
10:30 Welcome from the Committee
10:35 Presentation by Jonathan Ashby-Rock, owner of Hounslow Arts Centre and GLA explaining why they are supporting this type of initiative.
12:30 Lunch & networking
14:00 Presentation by Little Village and tour of the Little Village space on the 1st Floor of Debenhams
15:30 Event finish
To attend, simply email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you!