REPRESENT- MO DENNIS- WELLGATE SHOPPING CENTRE
Mo leads by example and has created a positive working environment for her team. Keeping customers at the core, Mo is a driving force for providing a safe customer shopping experience.
Wellgate is a 450,000 sqft shopping centre in central Dundee. Seven weeks after starting her first Centre Manager role Morag was faced with the Covid-19 pandemic. Wellgate remained fully open for essential retailers through both lockdowns, with Morag at the helm throughout. Morag ran a cornucopia of events and community projects where, as ever, she displayed her completely hands-on approach, to support the local community, raise morale and keep customers safe. During both lockdowns Morag called all closed retailers regularly and visited all essential trading units. She spent her evenings preparing Wellbeing Bags and volunteered at the local foodbank with her Management Team for 6 months.
Some of Mo’s achievements:
- Foodbank Collections – over 12,000 items were donated
- Cups for Key Workers – inviting local school children to design a thermal cup of thanks for key workers. 250 cups were delivered to doctor surgery ambulance stations, the bin lorry depot and local schools
- Random Acts of Kindness -Mo was on the mall giving away items to welcome the public back after the first lockdown
- Computers for Schools event
- Wellgate Wellbeing Bags –500 bags with essential items (masks, sanitiser, tissues, soap and a message for hope) from two charities in Wellgate were given out to foodbanks and soup kitchens
- Wellgate Welcomes you – Mo was back on the mall after lockdown two with tote bags and strawberries for the first 500 customers
- Wellbeing Posters – posters signposting customers to various charities for help and support
- Essential Worker support– arranged through the work place Chaplin, staff were offered help, advice or just a friendly ear
- Battle of the Stalls – providing 25 local small businesses an opportunity to sell their product for free with a prize for the most popular stall.
- Creative covid signage throughout the centre to encourage mask wearing, hand cleaning and provide safe directional routes.
“Mo is a fantastic Centre Manager, leading her team to success through strong leadership style and skill with a real hands on attitude. She is a positive ambassador for all the stakeholders she represents. She faces each challenge and project with determination, enthusiasm, energy and professionalism. She exudes confidence and personality that makes people want to be around her, work with her and join her on her journey to success. As a new centre manager taking on her first centre in January 2020 Morag has lead the centre and the team through some extraordinary times and proved herself to be a great shopping centre manager.”
Lynne Keenan – Executive Director – Head of Scotland Property Management, MAPP