REFLECT- THE WATER GARDENS
Involved Partners: Harlow Council, Harlow Football Club, Harlow Rugby Club, Harloe Cricket Club
The Water Garden’s “Summer Of Sport” launched in June 2021 and ran throughout the Summer, allowing over 4,000 children a chance to enjoy and participate in SPORT, while linking them directly to local sporting clubs. FREE sporting events were timetabled in our Shopping Centre’s landscaped gardens that matched the professional sporting calendar. We partnered with relevant local clubs to host and run the activities and pre-registered children into sessions, controlling numbers and ensuring children received the right level of coaching and support.
- Offer a compelling reason to visit the centre having come out of lockdown that maximised the use of our gardens, remained covid compliant and championed sport
- Engage and attract up to 1,000 child participants in our Summer of Sport activities
- Partner with local community sports clubs to allow a clear pathway for local children into amateur sport.
- Toddler Tennis with Harlow Tennis Club –Wimbledon tennis fortnight.
- Mini Rugby with Harlow Rugby Club-British Lions weekends.
- Mini Athletics during main weekend of The Beijing Olympics.
- Soccer Skills workshops with HarlowFC-the premiership launch weekend.
- Crazy Golf in the gardens -weekend of The British Open
- Total of £1,518 raised for our local amateur sports clubs also driving over 5,000 click throughs to their club websites from our centre’s online mediums.
- Most IMPORTANTLY 4,112childrenparticipatedin sport, offering them an opportunity to enjoy, learn and share in an outdoor sporting experience TOGETHER.
- Over 100 of our Soccer Skill attendees registered interest for Harlow FC junior section, 68Mini Rugby attendees registered with Harlow Rugby Club’s open day for their junior section.
- JD Sports, Sports Direct & Nandos all comfortably hit HO sales targets and even matched 2019 figures for the corresponding period.
- Commendation letter Harlow Council
“On behalf of the town, I just want to thank The Water Gardens for the inclusive and well thought out campaign that championed our local sporting clubs and offered children an opportunity to enjoy and participate in sport.”
David Sellings – Harlow Council